Saturday, October 9, 2010

My wonderful Auntie...

Today someone very special to me has a birthday. Someone who is a second mother to me. Someone who even lived with us for a short time. What a special time in my childhood that was having a favorite aunt and uncle live in the same house as me!!

Who is it you ask?... My dear Aunt Judy. I love her.What great memories I've made with her. I remember her coming to Olympia convention and staying in the tent next to ours. I think I even lucked out a couple of times and got to stay in her tent with her!  I remember attending Boring convention with her (remember when our tent fell down, Aunt Judy? hehe, luckily I wasn't self-conscious about my clothing yet since I had to wear mismatched socks that Sunday. That was pretty funny. Good thing Great-Aunt Bessie let us come crash with her!)  I remember the weekend you came to visit us and we all got sick so we had our own meeting. Good thing there were so many of us!!

Remember the drives we've taken? Uncle Jerry and I embarrassing you as we drove down the freeway waving at people we didn't know? He was even slowing down or speeding up at times so that I could have a new person to wave at. Then there is the time the car overheated on the freeway. Seems like we played a game on the shoulder? I can't remember though. Although I remember that was when we bought gum at a gas station store and you taught me how to blow a double bubble. Or remember our car exercises? I still do them sometimes and I plan to teach them to Cameron. Hahahaha. What good memories!!

I remember spending summers at her house. Helping clean, going to Izzy's, watching movies, playing games, making a fake Uncle Jerry with a broom and paper plate, going to the beach, what fun memories. Thank you Aunt Judy for making my childhood so memorable!! You've been a true light in my life and I thank you for that!! 

Aunt Judy, I love you. Thanks for being a second mother to me. :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh my. Lions, tigers, and bears. Remember that too? We did have some fun times. Thanks for not mentioning the food fight. And thanks for the birthday greeting and trip down memory lane. Love ya,
J