Monday, September 7, 2009

My trees...

So, now that you've met my darling little bush, 'Rory'...I would like to introduce you to my maples as well.

I have two of them, a flowering maple with darling apricot/peach colored blooms. And then another one that is a japanase maple that I believe is called a moon maple. In fall it is simnply gorgeous. Their names are Mabel, the moon maple and April, the flowering maple. :D

Aren't they cute? :) The pictures aren't the greatest since I took them last night in the dark...but oh well!!
Mabel is looking really good considering the fact that I basically killed her off this summer...you see I kind of forgot to water her (...oops!) and so after all the leaves turned brown and started shriveling up I began to water her again. Now Court was fairly sure that it was just the end for Mabel but I was determined to bring her back.
And the funny thing is not only has she releafed out but I think she is looking almost better then before!
So my new gardening philosophy is don't water...and then when they look dead but aren't quite dead begin to water like crazy. :)

2 comments:

BuZy Family said...

Your soooo goofy. Welcome to the blog world!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the philosophy. But I think you should ALWAYS take care of your plants, though I'm glad Mabel is fine.
Laura