Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Court's Birthday!! :)

I thought it would be fun if Court's birthday started last night and then continued until tonight...so last night I gave Court his first present, A bag of assorted candies from the Sweet Factory. And I then labored (hehe, not really) in the kitchen to make his second present that was for today's lunch.

Because you see Court LOVES meatloaf but I have never made it. (Actually I think I made it once at home when I was in charge of the weekday cooking, but that was a long time ago!) So yesterday I called up mom and asked what all went in meatloaf and then without any real recipe I made meatloaf. Hamburger, two eggs (one didn't seem like enough so I threw in a second), Worcestershire sauce, garlic and herb bread crumbs, a little chopped up onion, and ground mustard. (you know that you wanted to know all that. :p okay, so probably not...but oh well.) and I then put it into little heart shaped silicone cupcake thingies and cooked it up. Wouldn't you know I forgot two ingredients....salt and pepper. Luckily they are good add-ons and it allowed Court to put on the amount that he liked! They turned out pretty tasty (especially with added salt and pepper) and I think Court liked what I had done especially for his birthday lunch.

And then on the way home from meeting I asked him when he wanted his last and final present. In the morning, when he woke up at 3:30 or in the evening at his parents when they give him their gifts. And his reply was, " it doesn't matter to me. Whenever." So I inform him that if I give it to him in the morning he can use it then. And so I guess he was puzzling over that (he was thinking, 'coffee mug? She got me a coffee mug? What?'). And so a little while later he asks if I could just give it to him that night. And so I finally agreed and gave him the book on cd that he wanted (The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Book 5)).  It was so funny though that he wasn't sure and then once he had a hint he couldn't stand not knowing. :) haha, my husband cracks me up.

Anyways, tonight we head to the Mongolian Grill (YUM) to celebrate with his family and then on to their house for presents!  It should be fun!!! And then Saturday my family is stopping by to give him their present for him. :)
Yay for birthdays and the fun of presents!! :) Court can't remember what he asked for and so he has no idea what my family got him. Hahaha. It is driving him crazy and he keeps trying to convince me that I should remind him. haha. He is so goofy.

No comments: